April 11, 2017
Pay It Forward is a great way to think about DME reuse. Rather than paying someone back who helps us, we “pay it forward” to the next person in need. At REquipment, we help community members “pay it forward” all the time. Someone pays it forward with the donation of durable medical equipment (DME) so we can refurbish it for someone else. From there the cycle keeps going, gaining momentum, and hopefully gathering up more of us in this circle of interdependence and care.
If you or a family member have been the beneficiary of equipment from the REquipment Durable Medical Equipment Reuse Program please consider how you might pay it forward so that others can benefit as you have. Below are a few suggestions, but we’d love to hear your ideas as well!
- Share your REquipment story! Tell others how they can donate devices they are no longer using and how you were helped.
- Help us illustrate the power of DME reuse. Email us a picture (jpeg) of you with your equipment and a few sentences about the impact it has had on your life.
- Join us to visit lawmakers at the State House or district offices. Your story is essential to help maintain or expand state funding for these efforts.
- Join us with private funders as well. Tell them your story and inspire enthusiasm for supporting DME reuse.
- Volunteer with us. Call or email and we’ll discuss ways you might help. (Transportation costs are reimbursed.)
Ready to pay it forward? Email me at email@example.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!