Frequently Asked Questions
- Once I select a device that I want how long does it take before I receive it?
All devices that have been posted are ready for pick-up. You can arrange to pick it up at the Reuse Partner site within 1-2 days. If you require delivery, it may take 2-3 weeks before delivery can be made.
- Do I need a doctor’s letter or OT/PT evaluation to be eligible to receive a piece of durable medical equipment?
No, Doctor’s letters and evaluations are not required to receive a piece of durable medical equipment. However, for those who have never used a power wheelchair, scooter or stander we do advise that you discuss your needs with a medical professional to ensure you are selecting the proper device.
- Do I need to prove that my medical insurance won’t cover the device?
No, it is not necessary to prove that you have sought other means of funding the device.
- Do you provide durable medical equipment to people living outside of Massachusetts?
The program is for residents of Massachusetts.
- If the durable medical equipment breaks do you pay to have it fixed?
At the time you accept delivery of the DME you sign a statement specifying you understand that the device is offered “as is” and that you will be responsible for the cost of any repairs needed. We include a listing on this website of DME Repair providers. Additionally, you may come back to REquipment to see if another device is available to substitute for the device if it is unuseable within a month of delivery.
- Do I have to return the device if I no longer need it?
This is not a loaner program so you are not required to return it. However, you agreed at time of delivery that you would not sell it. So if still in good working order please contact us to donate it back to the program.
- Is there a fee for delivery?
A small fee of $20.00 is charged to cover costs associated with delivery. The fee may be waived for those unable to pay.
The information provided in this FAQ is accurate as of February 2019 and REquipment, Inc. cannot be held liable for any inconvenience caused by using the information.