Skip to content
REquipment Terms And Conditions
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) acquired through REquipment is for personal use only and may not be sold.
- We can provide recipients only 1 power wheelchair, manual wheelchair or scooter per year.
- Recipients of REquipment DME are responsible for learning to use the equipment properly and acquiring related manuals and operating instructions if these are not provided.
- Recipients understand that REquipment DME must be accepted “as is,” that a licensed technician has not evaluated it and that it is no longer covered under a manufacturer warranty.
- Locations to which the equipment is delivered must be accessible. Drivers, for their safety, are not allowed to carry heavy items, such as sling lifts, power wheelchairs, scooters, etc., up or down stairs.
- Recipients of REquipment DME are given the opportunity to inspect the DME prior to accepting it. Acceptance of REquipment DME requires signing a release form in which the recipient assumes all responsibility for REquipment DME, including any problems encountered while using their device.
- Recipients of REquipment DME are responsible for any future maintenance and repairs for the donated DME.
- REquipment devices are not on loan; recipients can keep the equipment as long as needed and agree to contact the REquipment program should they no longer need the DME so that it may be returned as a new donation (subject to all program policies current at the time of consideration).
- Some items are “reserved” for certain geographic locations. These items are noted in the comment section of the device description.